Pages

Monday, May 3, 2010

Too Sick For School But.....

Text from the EX: M... is off school today could you look after him

Of course! He is my son, so I cancel appointments, rearrange my day and head off to pick him up. As I walk through the door I am greeted with "Nice of you to turn up", so I inform him that I had things to do and got there as soon as I could, in fact a lot earlier than I told him I could. He then proceeded to say "Things to do? You don't do anything" in front of a half full cafe of his customers. Nice!

As I left with snotty, but not sick, 6 year old in tow, his final words were "Make sure you have him back here by 3:45 for soccer training". Now don't get me wrong, soccer training is a great activity and I don't even mind that he organized an afterschool activity for him on one of my nights, but Too sick for school, Too sick for soccer!


So I told him so! I didn't go on to mention that he was well enough to accompany his father to the races yesterday and the beach afterwards, but I sure as hell thought it!

Anyway, the 6 year olds take on it all - "I just didn't want to go to school" Yep, sounds right!

No comments:

Post a Comment