Pages

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Domestic Abuse Quote

A friend posted it on her FB Wall and I really liked it. 


Facebook: "While you SCREAM at your woman, there's a man wishing he could whisper softly in her ear... While you HUMILIATE, OFFEND, and INSULT her, there's a man flirting with her and reminding her how wonderful she is. While you HURT your woman, there's a man wishing he could make love to her. While you make your women CRY there's a man stealing smiles from her... Post this on your wall if you're against Domestic Violence"

During the final year of my abusive relationship and beyond there was a man who did remind me how wonderful I was and also steal smiles from me. These small moments were a great incentive to remove myself from the place I was. Small reminders that there are wonderful men out there and that I did not have to put up with less. As for the other two, who knows what he was thinking, but one can hope! 

No comments:

Post a Comment