- Never skip Kevin's room with the Canteen Trolley - He doesn't move fast but he will track you down.
- The trolley run consists of 1 hour ambling up and down corridors, 1/2 hour standing in corridors trying to figure out which way we were heading, 1 hour searching for lost wallets and purses (daughters seem to steal a lot of them) and 1 hour calculating and recalculating and recalculating the price of the two items you are calculating. (Thinking I should be able to shorten the trolley run by about 1.5 hours simply by walking at a reasonable pace, remembering which direction I am heading in and knowing how to calculate change in my head quickly.)
- Your Bingo Partner will always remember you and be in a great mood on the day you don't work with her!
- Everyone wants chocolate!
- Those with a sense of humour will be waiting in the lounge every Mon in the hope that you will roll the trolley getting it out of the lift!
- Most of the Auxiliary Ladies have worse memories than most of the Patients.
- If you get your toes run over by the trolley it really hurts!
- Putting your feet up with a coffee and a smoke in the staff garden at the end of a shift is really quite therapeutic.
‘I started my nursing degree aged 50’
1 day ago