Pages

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

STAT Test Results

Nearly 4 weeks ago I sat the test that decides if I get into University or not and it has been one hell of a wait for the results. Well, today the postman delivered that scary letter. I took one look at the University Admissions Centre logo and ripped open that envelope. Then I froze! I couldn't look! I stood there next to the mailbox with shaking hands staring at the envelope and I had that sinking feeling in the guts.
The test has a funny grading system but to make it easier for you to tell how you went they give a Percentile Ranking which tells you which percentage of candidates nationwide in the last year you did better than.
Well, my overall Percentile Rank was 95.3%. I just about passed out! I am VERY happy! That means (that unless every one of those 4.7% who did better than I did decide to move to our small town and do their Bachelor of Nursing) I am in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9 comments:

  1. OMG...how exciting!!! I am so happy for you!!! Congratulations!!! *smiling ear to ear!* :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so exciting Nat!! Well done!! Onward and upwards!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats great! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOOO FREAKIN WHOO!!!!! That has got to be so exciting (and relieving!) WTG!!! You are doing amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha! Now I will be really embarrassed if I flunk out of Uni! LOL! Can't put my application in until October and then won't find out til Jan, so the waiting game continues but I am feeling much more confident now! Thanks folks for all the support! It is greatly appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  6. 95th percentile, aye? Congratulations :-)
    Had the same feeling when I got accepted in to Amboland. Elevating to say the least.
    Keep up the enthusiasm!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww!! How awesome is that?? ! Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well done!
    That's absolutely awesome.

    Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Folks! The shock has mostly worn off now and the application process is well underway. Now all I have to do is get all my immunisations up to date and wait! Worst part is that I have just realised that I will be in WA for hols when First Round Offers come out! Hey L, we should meet up when I come home!

    ReplyDelete