Pages

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

The Rant

As a recently separated woman in a small town it is unreasonable to expect not to see the abusive ex, but I'm finding that it is very achievable to keep him out of the loop as to my plans for the future. In fact the man is so damn arrogant that he believes he knows it all. I have been classified as a dole bludging single mum who is making no attempt to get a job. Well NO, I haven't made an attempt! And NO, I don't want a job! I want a carreer! I want to be doing something I am called to do, not just something to pay the bills. Trust me, it would be so much easier to just get another job in hospitality. Steady income and bills paid on time, but easy is not really an option at the moment. I will no doubt struggle through the next three years, but if I make it, it will be worth it in the end. So next month I sit the STAT test (Special Tertiary Admissions Test) and my whole future will be decided in the space of two hours by those 70 random questions (and having sat the practice test a few weeks ago, I can tell you, they are random) I am lucky enough to be able to sit the test early as they are having a special sitting down here or I would be cooling my heels til early Jan to see if I can even get in. It has been hard enough for me to wait this long, nothing ever moves fast enough for me! So if I pass it will be nearly 12 months from when I made the decision til the start of the course. So for now I am putting up with the shitty little comments and biting my tongue, in the knowledge that one day the ex will have to retract his words(dream on sister)! Actually I am comforting myself with the knowledge that I have a goal to improve my life and that the plan is coming together splendidly. So here's to the future! I will make it!

No comments:

Post a Comment